On Easter Sunday we celebrate Jesus’ resurrection. Because he lives, we too will live. Jesus’ resurrection guarantees ours. This message discusses the certainty of the resurrection.
- In today’s message we consider five reasons to show you the certainty of resurrection from the dead.
- Resurrection is taught in both the Old and New Testaments.
- Job knew that his Redeemer lives and that even after his flesh was destroyed he would see God in the flesh.
- Jesus taught about His own resurrection on the third day, and he demonstrated resurrection by raising people from the dead.
- The apostles also taught about bodily resurrection from the grave.
- Resurrection is based on Christ’s redemptive work.
- Resurrection is guaranteed by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Resurrection is bodily from the grave.
- Resurrection has a specific order.
- Jesus Christ is the firstfruits followed by those who belong to Him (the church at the rapture; two witnesses in the middle of the Tribulation; tribulation saints at the end of the tribulation; Old Testament saints at the end of the tribulation. This is the first resurrection and these are blessed because death does not have power over them.
- Then after a thousand year reign all those whose names are not found written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will be raised for condemnation and thrown into the Lake of Fire forever.
- It is imperative that we present the claims of Christ to people today so that they can trust Him and have eternal life.